Search the Blog

Custom Search

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Starfish

This is a repost of my monthly Client Newsletter. They are usually longer and more detailed, but I felt this particular topic needed few words.

Dear friends,

I have a story for you. There are many versions, so I cannot claim it as original. Nonetheless, its message is still important.

While walking on the beach, a wise man noticed a small girl methodically picking up starfish and tossing them into the surf.

The man paused for a moment then asked, "Why are you throwing these starfish?"

"It's high tide," the girl replied. "If I leave them on the beach, the sun will soon dry them and they will die. I am throwing them into the ocean so they can live."

The wise man scoffed and informed the girl that there are miles and miles of beach and tens of thousands of starfish and she can't possibly believe that what she's doing will make a difference.

At this, the young girl bent down, picked up yet another starfish and threw it into the ocean. She said, "It made a difference to that one!"



Our actions effect everyone and everything around us. Even the most insignificant behavior can have a huge impact and I ask you to be mindful of the ripples you create throughout your day. Even better, I challenge you to commit yourself fully to a task of seemingly insignificant importance and I bet you'll still make a difference for even one person.

If reading this blog is not enough and you would like to receive my monthly newsletter as well, please contact me and let me know.

No comments: